Protecting your data is very important PetsForFriends (“PetsForFriends”, “us”, “our” or
This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions, sets out the basis on which any personal data we
collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by PetsForFriends. It applies to your use of
the website www.petsforfriends.com, the associated „PetsForFriends“ mobile application (together, the
“Platform”), all communications between you and us and (unless expressly provided otherwise) all agreements
entered into between you and us which involve the collection by, or disclosure to, us of personal data.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Platform. This includes information you
provide at the time of registering (including, but not limited to, your name, telephone number,
address and email address) or at any subsequent point;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- your responses to surveys you choose to complete on the Platform from time to time;
- details of any photographs, comments, posts, or other information you post on the Platform;
- device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device
identifiers, and mobile network information); and
- details of your visits to the Platform (such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream
to, through and from the Platform (including date and time); page response times; page interaction
information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the
Information we may collect about others
We may collect and process data about others that you provide us with, including (but not limited to)
information that you provide by filling in forms on the Platform. You represent and warrant to us that you
have obtained the express consent from the individuals whose data you provide us with.
other individuals that you have provided us with.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system
and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing
actions and patterns, and may be linked to an individual user through other information that is held by us
or publically available.
Where we store your personal information
The data that we collect about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European
Economic Area ("EEA"), including the USA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who
work for us or for one of our service providers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this
transfer, storing and processing.
Your passwords are stored in PetsForFriends’s database in encrypted form. We do not disclose your account
details, postal or email addresses to anyone except when legally required to do so.
We will only hold your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it for, or for
such additional time as may be required by law or any relevant regulatory body.
Sensitive information between your browser and the Platform is transferred in encrypted form using Secure
Socket Layer (SSL). When transmitting sensitive information, you should always make sure that your browser
can validate the Platform’s certificate.
It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via
the internet is not completely secure. Although PetsforFriends will do its best to protect your personal
data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Platform, any transmission is at your
own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try
and prevent any unauthorised access.
How we use your information
We use information held about you (and information about others) in the following ways:
- to provide you with our services;
- to reply to requests for information or any other kind of request as indicated by your
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those
you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Platform when you choose to do so,
including interaction with external social networks and platforms;
- to improve the Platform and ensure the content on the Platform is presented in the most effective
manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
- to administer our Platform and for internal operations ,including troubleshooting, data analysis,
testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising served to you on the Platform; and
- to notify you about changes to our service, the Platform.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any business partner, sub-contractor or supplier of
PetsForFriends for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, and/or a member of our group.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal
data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if PetsForFriends or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case
personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- in order to enforce the Terms and Conditions and any other agreement between you and us; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal
obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of BorrowMyDoggy, our customers, or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations.
Marketing Communications and your rights
By registering for an account on the Platform, you give your permission for us to use your personal data
for marketing purposes in relation to our products and services. You have the right to ask us not to
process your personal data by contacting us via [email protected]
Changes to this policy
appropriate, notified to you by email.
Last updated: 17.09.2017